CMI Toyota are proud supporters of the Get Home Safe Foundation, a not-for-profit organization which develops and supports programs that create better road user behaviours, knowledge, and attitudes, and delivers road safety initiatives.
This year, their sold out CMI Toyota Get Home Safe Gala was held at the Adelaide Intercontinental and what a fantastic night it was with entertainment, silent auctions and delicious food and wine!
Hosted by Jules Schiller and entertainment by Scott Stunz and Primal Groove, this was a special evening to help raise vital funds for this life-changing organisation.
It was wonderful to see the Get Home Safe Toyota Kluger on display which helps to transport their program and equipment across South Australia.
As the Gala Sponsor, it was wonderful to learn that the event raised nearly $14,000! What a fantastic achievement by all involved.
Thank you to all the amazing guests who supported the event – all proceeds raised will support programs within South Australia to help ensure you Get Home Safe.
We already can’t wait for next year’s CMI Toyota Get Home Safe Gala Ball at Adelaide Oval.
About the Get Home Safe Foundation
Through research of global best practices, the Get Home Safe Foundation want to help Australians to become amongst the safest road users in the world.
The following points represent some of their main aims as a Foundation.
- Provide additional support for community road safety initiatives and programs.
- Provide training resources for Primary and High school students, parents and supervising drivers.
- Provide programs that support those who are less able to finance professional driver training– possibly by providing workshops or training through Youth organisations.
- To change the culture of all road users by promoting a commitment to “Get Home Safe”.
- To research social and economical changes that have made a difference in other States and countries around the world.
- To raise awareness of the devastating social and economic costs of failing to adequately address Road Safety Issues.
- To achieve a yearly reduction in road deaths and injuries.
- To engage all members of communities from primary schools to senior groups by producing and supporting community education programs.
- To provide and develop a link between current road safety and awareness programs through political means, encouraging organisations to provide a more connected and coherent plan for road safety education, particularly in schools.
- Develop, deliver and support programs that are seen as effective, supportive, and ground-breaking, which other States and countries will seek to replicate.
- Provide a totally independent outlet for the media to contact for discussions and comments regarding road awareness and other road safety matters. Get Home Safe Foundation want to be a constructive and independent voice regarding road safety.
As a not for profit organisation, the Get Home Safe Foundation rely on the support from the public and corporate members of the community to allow them to make our roads safer. Essentially, your support will directly make a real difference to the safety of all families.
Find out more here.