Considering the all-new Toyota Yaris? Well, we're proud to let you know that Toyota Australia's new-generation Yaris will leapfrog competitors in the light-car market and will set a new benchmark with segment firsts and the introduction of in-demand premium features.
The new fourth-generation Yaris will boast advanced driver-assist and safety features including technologies aimed at reducing accidents at intersections*, plus a new airbag designed to protect the heads of front-seat occupants - all supported by a stiffer and more agile chassis.
The new Yaris will also leapfrog the competition with its distinctive design, dynamic performance and impressive efficiency.
We're expecting the new Yaris to arrive at CMI Toyota in August, with the choice of Ascent Sport, SX and ZR grades - SX and ZR will available with a Toyota hybrid engine as well as petrol variants.
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST
Other important changes to take note of are:
- The current 1.5-litre four-cylinder engine will be replaced by an all-new 1.5-litre three-cylinder unit with high-speed combustion and other technologies that deliver more power and torque while using less fuel.
- Maximum power jumps 10 per cent to 88kW while fuel economy when driven through a Direct Shift CVT is just 4.9 litres/100km2, an improvement of at least 15 per cent - even compared with the discontinued 1.3-litre engine.
- The stand-out powertrain is the fourth-generation hybrid system with a high-density lithium-ion battery, producing a combined 85kW of power and remarkable fuel economy of just 3.3 litres/100km^ - a further improvement of almost one-third.
- Cutting-edge safety technologies in the new Yaris include a pre-collision safety system* that uses a camera, radar and autonomous braking to avoid or mitigate the effects of a crash. It can detect vehicles and pedestrians, day or night, and cyclists during the day.
- The all-new Yaris also becomes the first Toyota in Australia where this system can also detect and automatically brake to avoid other vehicles and pedestrians when turning at intersections*.
- The on-board camera can also recognise Australian speed signs and alert drivers to amend their speed1. Lane-keeping technologies1 includes the ability to apply force to the steering wheel to keep a vehicle on track.
- All models are equipped with a reversing camera while ZR variants will feature front and rear parking sensors1 that can trigger the brakes to avoid contact.
- The new front-row centre airbag is designed to offer additional protection between the driver and front passenger in side crashes, or for passenger-side crashes when the driver is the only occupant.
TECHNOLOGY & STYLE
All grades feature a 7-inch display screen, Apple CarPlay®** and Android Auto™️^^ and enhanced voice recognition from the Toyota multimedia system.
Ascent Sport, available with manual or automatic CVT transmissions, is fitted with 15-inch wheels, LED daytime running lamps, 60/40 split-fold rear seats and a handy USB port for charging and linking to connective technology~.
Mid-range SX adds satellite navigation, keyless smart entry, push-button ignition, 15-inch alloy wheels, LED headlamps and rear lights, piano-black and satin interior finishes, leather-accented steering wheel and digital meters.
Top-of-the-line ZR comes standard with 16-inch alloys, rear spoiler, head-up display, blind-spot monitor, intelligent front and rear parking sensors, sports seats and pedals, piano black trim, red inserts, and - on the petrol variant - paddle shifters.
All-new Yaris also supports owner individuality with 12 exterior paints plus the ability for ZR owners to choose a black or white roof with selected colours.
Find out more and register your interest here
*Driver-assist feature. Only operates under certain conditions. Check your owner's manual for explanation of limitations. Please drive safely.
^Achieved in test conditions for comparison purposes only. Actual fuel consumption varies depending on driving conditions/style, vehicle condition, load and options/accessories fitted. Source: ADR81/02 combined.
**CarPlay® is a trademark of Apple, Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries. Requires compatible device, USB connection, mobile data, network reception & GPS signal. Mobile usage at user's cost. Apps subject to change. For details see toyota.com.au/connected.
^^Android Auto™ is a trademark of Google LLC. Requires compatible device, USB connection, mobile data, network reception & GPS signal. Mobile usage at user's cost. Apps subject to change. For details see toyota.com.au/connected.
~Compatibility and functionality varies depending on device.