CMI Toyota are proud to support the Get Home Safe Foundation – a South Australian organisation who promote and educate drivers about road safety awareness.
Through our sponsorship, we host the Foundation’s driver education programs which benefits parents with children who are learning to drive.
Recently they held their inaugural Get Home Safe Foundation CMI Toyota Gala Evening at Ayers House where guests enjoyed delicious food, drinks, entertainment and auctions to help raise vital funds for this fantastic organisation.
As the Gala Sponsor, it was fantastic to learn that over $3,000 was raised to help support their road safety initiatives.
Darren Davis from the Get Home Safe Foundation stopped by recently to present us with an Certificate of Appreciation to recognise our support of the Gala and the foundation.
The Get Home Safe Foundation was formed to assist Australians in ensuring they stay safe on the roads. Through research of global best practices, they want to assist Australians in ensuring they are amongst the safest road users in the world.
The following points represent some of their main aims as a Foundation.
- Provide additional support for community road safety initiatives and programs.
- Provide training resources for Primary and High school students, parents and supervising drivers.
- Provide programs that support those who are less able to finance professional driver training– possibly by providing workshops or training through Youth organisations.
- To change the culture of all road users by promoting a commitment to “Get Home Safe”.
- To research social and economical changes that have made a difference in other States and countries around the world.
- To raise awareness of the devastating social and economic costs of failing to adequately address Road Safety Issues.
- To achieve a yearly reduction in road deaths and injuries.
- To engage all members of communities from primary schools to senior groups by producing and supporting community education programs.
- To provide and develop a link between current road safety and awareness programs through political means, encouraging organisations to provide a more connected and coherent plan for road safety education, particularly in schools.
- Develop, deliver and support programs that are seen as effective, supportive, and ground-breaking, which other States and countries will seek to replicate.
- Provide a totally independent outlet for the media to contact for discussions and comments regarding road awareness and other road safety matters. We want to be a constructive and independent voice regarding road safety.