Toyota unveils All-New luxury Granvia
Toyota will offer an all-new luxury people mover aimed at high end hospitality, family and corporate buyers when the new Granvia arrives in Australia later this year.
Arriving in the fourth quarter, the Granvia will take over the role that the long-standing Toyota Tarago has played but more than simply a replacement, the Granvia will take the luxury people mover to new heights.
Based on the all-new HiAce platform, the Granvia takes the concept of a large luxury wagon to the next level with:
- premium seating for eight
- a full suite of Toyota Safety Sense features inclduing nine airbags, active cruise control and pre-collision safety system (PCS)
- four-link coil-sprung rear suspension to deliver superlative ride comfort and stable handling
- single refined, fuel-efficient turbodiesel powertrain
- available in two grades
- power sliding rear side doors
- electrically-adjustable driver's and second row captain's seats
- leather-accented upholstery
- on-road entertainment and information will be provided by Toyota's fully connected latest generation advanced multimedia system that will be available with four USB ports and a total of 12 speakers.
Toyota Vice President Sales and Marketing Sean Hanley said the new Granvia offered true luxury transport to meet the needs of those desiring a large spacious cabin, supreme comfort and superior refinement.
"Whether you are in need of a five-star hotel shuttle, corporate transport for senior executives or just a large luxury family wagon, the new Granvia fits the bill," Mr Hanley said.
"With a stylish European-inspired design, outstanding comfort, refined performance, a high level of safety features and impressive list of standard appointments, the new Granvia really is the last word in luxury people movers," he said.
Both the Granvia and Tarago will be sold alongside each other until the Tarago is discontinued at the end of 2019.
The Toyota Tarago was first launched in Australia in 1983 and since then it has grown through four generations and has consistently been a popular choice with 104,229 sales through to the end of 2018.